skip to main content
Additional Pages:
Expired Licenses

All teachers in the state of North Carolina are required to hold an appropriate license for the subject, grade level or assignment taught.  A teaching license can be obtained by completing an approved teacher education program or through an alternative licensure program (lateral entry). 

Employees in positions requiring a NC teaching license will need to register a personal account in the Licensure Management and Application Online System. This system will allow the educator to make certain requests to NC DPI Licensure him/herself, as well as to access and print a copy of his/her license. (NC DPI will not be sending a hard copy to those of you who have a renewal cycle beginning 7/1/2015.)

You also will need to affiliate and maintain affiliation with WCS (and the Nash RALC if you are associated with and following a plan from the RALC) in the Licensure Management and Application Online System. Follow these steps to register and affiliate.

  1. Log onto
  2. Select NCDPI Registration in the lower left of your screen to initiate the process.
  3. You must use a personal, private email address for this account, as this will be your login for continued access to your NC educator license, regardless of employment status.
  4. After the first phase of registration, you will receive an automated email providing you access to the second phase for completion of setting up your personal educator account.
  5. Once you have registered, WCS and the Nash RALC will accept your request to affiliate.
  6. You must remain affiliated for the duration of your WCS employment.

Please notify Marcia Bonner at when you have successfully registered your account.


For more information on the state licensing program, please visit the licensure page of the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction website:

For more information on the state licensing renewal requirements, please visit the licensure renewal page of the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction website:

For information regarding expired licenses and reinstatement of a license, click here.

Renewal credits can be earned through any college, university, community college, Goodwill Community Foundation ( or through opportunities offered by Wilson County Schools. Click here to view the WCS District Professional Development Calendar. If you have any questions regarding a particular opportunity, please contact Tracey Leon at

For more information on the lateral entry program, click on the following links: Lateral entry license requirements:

Regional Alternative Licensure Center:

East Carolina University Alternative Licensure Program:

Copyright © 2018 Wilson County Schools SCHOOLinSITES Logo
Wilson County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, marital or parental status, in admission, to access, to treatment in its programs and activities. This website endeavors to comply with best practices and standards defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act. If you are having accessibility concerns, please contact us at 252-399-7712