Whether you’re relocating to Wilson County and need to get your child enrolled in school or you’re already local and need to register your child, please go to the elementary, middle or high school in your district. (Kindergarten Registration is held in the spring at each elementary school.) At the school, you’ll find a data manager or office staff ready to enroll your child, answer your questions and make sure your first experience with Wilson County Schools shows how glad we are you’re here.
Health Assessment Transmittal Form (K-12)
Data Managers: Translator Tool
Steps to enroll a student in Wilson County Schools:
- No appointment is necessary.
- Bring a least two different types of address verification documents to your school.
- Complete the enrollment documents requested of you.
- The office staff will enroll your child and notify your school’s principal of your enrollment.
- Your school will give you any additional information to assist you as we begin our school year together.
What documents should I bring?
Please bring at least two of the following items with you to enroll your child:
- Property tax records which indicate the street or road address location of the residence
- Copies of the mortgage documents or copies of deed to property which indicate the street or road address of the property
- Copy of the residential lease showing street or road address
- Copy of utility bill showing residence address (electric, gas, water or cable)
- Copy of current driver’s license showing street or road address
- Copy of voter registration form showing street or road residence address
- Copy of automobile registration showing street or road address
You will also need to bring the following:
- A current Report Card for your child
- Transcript (high schools)
- Withdrawal form from the previous school
- Certified birth certificate - If not available, the following is acceptable:
- Hospital Certificate*
- Physician's Certificate*
- Midwife Certificate*
- Religious Record*
- Baptismal or Church Certificate
- Entry in Family Bible
- Family Record
- Parent's Affidavit
- Emancipated Youth's Statement
- School Record
- Immigration or Naturalization Document
- Life Insurance Policy
- Census Record *Preferable the entry was recorded before age 5
Note: Religious Record may come from a mosque, temple, church or other religious institution
- Immunization record
- Legal custody papers (if applicable)
- Health Assessment Transmittal Form (All first-time NC public school students)
- Withdrawal Form (Middle/High)
- Transcript (High School)
- Report Card (K-12)
- Schedule (High School)
A signed and notarized affidavit is required if you are living in the household with someone and one or both proofs of residence, i.e. property tax record, utility bill, are not in your name. A picture ID must be presented identifying the person you are living with. We will provide this form to you.
What should I expect once I arrive at the school?
Once you arrive at the school in your district, you will be asked to complete each of the following forms:
- Student Information Form
- Attendance Verification Form
- Student Acceptable Use Agreement (technology)
- Publication Waiver
- Home Language Survey
Do I need to make an appointment?
No appointment is necessary to enroll your child. The office staff at your school is ready right now to get the enrollment process started. We'll complete the enrollment and then notify the principal at your child's school. Your school will provide information about schedules, bus routes and anything else you will need to get a great school year off to a fast start.
How do I register my kindergartner?
All elementary schools host Kindergarten Registration during the spring each year, usually in March. Listed below are the documents that you will need to take to Kindergarten Registration.
- Certified birth certificate (see list above)
- Immunization record
- Health assessment transmittal form completed by the doctor
- Custody papers (if applicable)
- Two of the approved proofs listed above