Wilson County Schools offers a unique educational program, Spanish Immersion, at Frederick Douglass Elementary School. In the program, students are taught in both Spanish and English.
Parents/guardians interested in enrolling their kindergartner or first-grader in Spanish Immersion should contact:
Frederick Douglass ES
5544 Lake Wilson Rd.
Elm City, NC 27822
Principal Annette Faison
Priority is given to:
- Siblings of current WCS Spanish Immersion students.
- Siblings of former students who have completed the WCS Spanish Immersion program.
- Students residing in the Wilson County School District.
2019-2020 Spanish Immersion Registration Forms
Wait List-Admission Process Timeline
- A Kindergarten waitlist will be created for those not admitted for the program. The admission process will be followed to fill any kindergarten vacancy that occurs throughout the school year.
- A First Grade wait list will be created for those not admitted for the program. The admission process will be followed to fill any first grade vacancy that occurs through the last instructional day in October each year.
Program Entry Points
- Students may enter Kindergarten Spanish Immersion anytime within the school year.
- Students may enter 1st Grade Spanish Immersion anytime between the beginning of school and the end of the first nine weeks.
- Students in grades 1-4 may enter Spanish Immersion after the first nine weeks based on the successful completion of a specifically designed assessment developed by our partner, Participate.
- Contact the Principal of Frederick Douglass ES for more information at (252) 236-4574.
- Reassignment is contingent upon the student's acceptance into the Spanish Immersion program.