How to Enroll

  • EdlioEnrollmentPages

    We are excited to welcome your family to Wilson County Schools! Whether you’re relocating to Wilson County and need to enroll your child or you’re already local and need to register your child, please follow the steps below. If you need assistance in determining which school your child will be attending, click HERE or contact the Transportation Department at 399-7839.

    How To Enroll

    Step By Step Instructions Video Tutorial

    Click Here To Enroll

    Special Enrollment Information

    Kindergarten Registration Early Entry into Kindergarten

    Spanish Immersion

  • How to Enroll

    1. Complete the enrollment documents. You can do this online by clicking here.
    2. Obtain at least two different types of address verification documents (see below).

    3. Call the school your child will be attending and find out when is the best time for you to stop by and bring the address verification documents. Let the school know that you either filled out the enrollment forms online or that you will be bringing hard copies of the forms that you printed. You can also pickup the forms at the school and fill them out.

    4. Visit the school and bring all necessary information. The office staff will enroll your child and notify your school’s principal of your enrollment.
    Please bring at least TWO of the following items with you to verify your address:
    - Property tax records which indicate the street or road address location of the residence
    - Copies of the mortgage documents or copies of deed to property which indicate the street or road address of the property
    - Copy of the residential lease showing street or road address
    - Copy of utility bill showing residence address (electric, gas, water or cable)
    - Copy of current driver’s license showing street or road address
    - Copy of voter registration form showing street or road residence address
    - Copy of automobile registration showing street or road address
    Also, please bring:
    - Certified copy of the child's Birth Certificate - If not available, any of the following are acceptable: (i) a certified copy of any medical record of the child's birth issued by the treating physician or the hospital in which the child was born, or (ii) a certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a church, mosque, temple, or other religious institution that maintain birth records of its members.
    - Health Assessment Transmittal Form (All first-time NC public school students. Must be completed by your child's doctor. Health assessments must be completed by the first 30 days of school. State law also requires immunizations for all children enrolling in kindergarten or first grade for the first time. )
    - Immunization record - more information about immunizations can be found here - Immunization Information
    You might also need the following documents depending on your circumstance:
    - Legal custody papers
    - Report Card (K-12)
    - Withdrawal Form (Middle/High)
    - Transcript (High School)
    - Schedule (High School)
    - Affidavit Requirement Form - A signed and notarized affidavit is required if you are living in the household with someone and one or both proofs of residence, i.e. property tax record, utility bill, are not in your name.  A picture ID must be presented identifying the person you are living with.